Malinda Elizabeth Kuhn
Born February 6, 1834, in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
Died September 1, 1901, in Walnut, Crawford County, Kansas.
When Malinda was three years old, the family moved to Indiana. She studied
her father's doctor books, and was a very capable adviser to many neighbors
and new mothers. Her mother's religion pervaded her life with faith and daily
prayer. In 1875, the family moved on to Texas, and then a year later to Kansas.
Their farm was four miles north of Walnut, Kansas.
Married November 23, 1858, at Lawrenceburg, Dearborn County, Indiana.
- George Wesley Lyness, b. September 8,
1859, at Logan, Indiana; d. November 18, 1899, at Walnut, Crawford County,
- John Joseph Lyness, b. November 13, 1861,
at Logan, Indiana; d. November 9, 1951, at Walnut, Crawford County, Kansas.
- Rosella Jane Lyness, b. March 26, 1866,
at Logan Indiana; d. February 20, 1949 at Frederick, Oklahoma; m. March 26,
1885 at Walnut, Crawford County, Kansas to Oliver Perry Weddle (b. July 24,
1852; d. February 20, 1949 at Walters, Oklahoma.
- Henry Randolph Lyness, b. August 23, 1868, at Logan, Indiana; d. April 1,
1919 at Pueblo, Colorado; m. November 23, 1890 at Walnut, Crawford County,
Kansas to Anna Camblin, b. February 27, 1873; d. July 3, 1937 at Seattle,
- Mary Josephine Lyness, b. March 30, 1871,
at Logan, Indiana; d. September 11, 1921 at Eads, Colorado.
- Albert Kuhn Lyness, b. December 17, 1873, at Logan, Indiana; d. February
27, 1876 in Logan, Indiana (Bright Cemetery).
- Frank Morgan Lyness, b. February 12, 1877
at Logan, Dearborn County, Indiana; d. January 10, 1935, at Spearville, Kansas,
of heart disease and complications.
- Walter Garfield Lyness, b. March 26, 1880 at Hepler, Neosho County, Kansas;d.
May 7, 1906 at Dodge City, Kansas (Walnut Cemetery, Walnut, Kansas).
Return to Kuhn front page
Created September 18, 2007